Castro Valley 15,000 Mile Service
The 15,000 mile service, aka 15k service, is considered an intermediate service. It is more involved than the basic oil and oil filter change and fluids check, but definitely not as extensive as the 30k service, which is considered a major service.
Details of the fifteen thousand mile service differ, depending on the car make and model. At Bud Adams Quality Automotive , you premier Castro Valley auto repair shop, we always check what the manufacturer recommends for your particular model.
Typically, for the 15,000 mile service, manufacturers will recommend:
- oil and filter change (we recommend synthetic oil for most cars)
- tire rotation ( especially for hybrids like Toyota Prius that use regenerative breaking, as it tends to wear out tires more quickly)
- replacement of the engine air filter
- replacement of the cabin air filter
- visual inspection of the brakes, hoses, belts
- visual inspection for any fluid leaks
- listening for any unusual/abnormal noises
- manufacturer recommended safety inspection
At Bud Adams Quality Automotive repair, you automatically get an extended safety inspection (we go the extra mile for you).
We also check for any safety recalls issued by your car’s manufacturer, and will notify you of such – so you can schedule a dealership visit and get it done for free. We are serious about maximizing your transportation dollars.
If you have any concerns about your car, or specific things you want us to look at, the fifteen thousand mile service is a great time to get these things checked out. Our Castro Valley auto service and repair shop is located on Lake Chabot Rd, near the Castro Valley Community Center.
If you are due or overdue for the 15,000 mile service, schedule one right now online, or give us a call.